Packaging RobotÂ® lets you automatically generate, test and document packages for Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows Installer Packages (MSI) and VMWare ThinApp.
That means major benefits in terms of time. The packaging process goes faster and the administration takes less time. The high cost of desktop- and workspace management and the number of incidents drop, while the level of service improves and becomes more predictable. Packaging Robot revolutionizes application packaging and virtualization.
Essentials of Packaging Robot
Packaging Robot structures and automates the entire application packaging process:
* App-V packages, ThinApp packages and MSI-packages are automatically generated, tested and documented.
* Automatic conversion of existing packages (MSI or other format) into up-to-date packages for Windows 7, Vista or XP.
* Web-based workflow management software is used to monitor the entire application packaging procedure, from the inventory right through distribution.
Workflow and automation in Application Packaging
The functionality of Packaging Robot encompasses the entire technical application management process. The integrated Process Manager workflow module handles application management in an ITIL-based approach. That means that the process is clear and uniform. The management can see the status at any given moment and the responsibilities of all those involved are defined and structured, from the service desk and systems management through to the package engineers.
Summary Packaging Robot
Packaging Robot generates the following packages
* Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V);
* VMware ThinApp (ThinApp) and
* Microsoft Windows Installer Packages (MSI).
Benefits of Packaging Robot
* High quality packages due to elimination manual tasks;
* Automatic documentation;
* Easy to learn and use;
* Central management of applications;
* Lower application packaging and IT-administration costs and
* Fast generation and delivery of software packages.